1. It is okay to mix a lot of different textures! This helps give a designer eclectic feel to the home.
2. Bright light tends to flatten texture, so if you would like to accentuate texture, use soft lighting in the space.
3. It is okay to mix in dark woodwork/leather pieces with lighter colors (light is the trend right now), use those dark pieces as textures instead of colors.
4. Be sure to mix the visual weight of textures to add more interest to a room.
5. If doing a monochromatic color scheme, texture is very important in bringing the space to life.
This class was so informative! If you are interested in next month, keep up on their blog (click here), or sign up for their email list. Hope to see you there in April!
While I was there, I couldn't help but poke my head around. The store is so beautiful and well styled. Here is one of my favorite rooms I saw. It was divine!
I also found a new color scheme inspiration for my home, can't wait to find pillows!!!