Thursday, October 3, 2013

LLS Light the Night Fundraiser

I would like to take the opportunity to post about something near and dear to me and my family. My husband is currently in the Physician Assistant program. One of his professors is a Leukemia and Lymphoma survivor. In honor of her and all affected by this awful cancer, they are doing a "Light the Night" fundraiser next weekend.

The reason that this hits so close to home is because my husband's mother passed away from this exact cancer many years ago, only 6 months after being diagnosed. Quinn was just three years old, the youngest of ten children. As a wife and mother I can't imagine the struggle and heartache she went through battling this cancer knowing she would be leaving her husband and children.

Though I have never met my mother in law, I know she must be a strong, sweet, and amazing woman. She has been such a wonderful example to me and has surely left a legacy within our family. In honor of Debra Raye Goeringer, I wanted to post a link to the website where you can donate to cancer research if you would like.

Just click HERE to donate. Any amount is surely appreciated! This research and education is really the key to finding a cure. Thank you so much for stopping by:)




“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all.

-Emily Dickinson

I LOVE this art done in honor of cancer awareness. 

{via}


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayley, I was actually just reading a few of your posts and had a quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks : )

    Emmy

    ReplyDelete